BooBii Claypot Rice
- 1cup rice (I use pearl rice)
- water (enough to cook the rice)
- ½ tsp Maggi chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp canola oil
- pinch of salt
- Sweat pea
- Ikan asim (salted fish)
- 100g chicken breast (cut into cube-bite size)
- 2tsp yakiniku sauce
- dash of pepper
- Marinate the chicken for at least 15mins
- Cook rice in a claypot. The water level should be 2cm above the rice. When the rice is half cooked, mix the marinated chicken followed by the vegetable, and then cover the claypot.
- After abt 5mins or when the rice is almost dry, place the ikan asim. Leave the claypot over a low fire until the rice is cooked.
- Garnish with fried shallots and parsley if desired. Serve hot with sambal balacan
Last month, my mum-in-law brought some ikan asim from Indonesia.....She personally goreng it herself and its really nice. She brought along some limes which taste and smell different from the local one... I used it with my mum's sambal balcan (with a bit of sugar and vinegar)......wah, really "no horse run"............................