Finally, my chiffon cake was successful. There was no pix taken cos I was in a hurry to rush for my afternoon duty......Thus, I jux packed and go....
The chocolate chiffon cake was modified based on Florence's recipe (http://wlteef.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_wlteef_archive.html ) . My cake was able to raise and the texture is no longer like a piece of rock
Verdict from most colleagues: soft and really nice
3 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp rum or kirsch
30g castor sugar
20g cocoa powder
60ml warm corn oil
100ml warm water
70g self-raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
40g castor sugar
1. Mix ingredients (A) well with a hand whisk.
2. Stir cocoa powder in warmed oil until dissolved and pour into yolk mixture.
3. Stir (C) into yolk mixture.
4. Sieve ingredient (D) and stir it into yolk mixture.
5. Whip egg whites in a clean mixing bowl until big bubbles are formed. Add in the cream of tartar and whip until white in colour. Add in sugar over 3 times and whip until egg whites is stiff.
6. Pour 1/2 white into yolk mixture and blend well.
7. Pour yolk mixture into the remaining egg white mixture and blend well.
8. Pour batter into clean baking pan and bake at 170C for 45 minutes or until cooked.