Saturday, February 25, 2006

Almond Macaroons

Now, I am hooked to bakery. Yesterday, I went to the library and borrowed a bakery book. I came across this recipe which looks simple and appealing. Thus, decided to give a try.

The orignal name is 'Chocolate Macaroons'. It is supposed to be crisp on the outside and moist inside. And indeed, its true.............

I made some changes in order to adjust to my shortcoming (cos short of ingredients). I didnt put the chocolate. Instead, I put
½ tsp coco powder and trim the sugar to 75g to make it less guilty


Chocolate Macaroons



Ingredients:

50g chocolate

2 egg whites

100g caster sugar

125g ground almonds

½ tsp coco powder

some chocolate chips

Methods:

  • Preheat oven 180°C
  • Line baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment.
  • Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy. Gently fold in the ground almonds and coco powder.
  • Put the mixture in a large piping bag fitted with a large nozzle and pip small rounds abt 4cm in dia on the baking sheet. Alternatively, place small teaspoonfuls on the baking sheet
  • Press a chocolate chip into the center of each macaroon then bake, until slightly risen and just firm. Leave the macaroons on the paper to cool.

No comments: